Costs for Open Swim
.75–Preschool, $1.50-Student, $2.50-Adult, $10.00-Family Max
Punch Card prices–$5.00-Preschool, $10.00-Student, $22.50-Adult
Birthday Parties at the Pool
Remember when you are planning your child’s birthday party—the L/W pool is a wonderful facility to host your party during our open swim hours with the observation deck available for cake/snacks/games. If you have any questions or would like more information, call the pool office at 634-2735 ext 1101.
Private Swimming Lessons
If you are interested in private lesson for any age call the pool office. Remember-it’s never too late to learn the lifelong sport of swimming.
Every Friday from 3:30-8:00 -Cost $5.00 per family (maximum 2 adults/4 children) A great time to enjoy family time at the pool at a great price!!!
Swim for a “Toonie”–3:30-8:00 p.m. Come and enjoy an evening at the pool with family and friends!
Arthritis Aquatics Program
This program is offered in accordance with the Arthritis Foundation guidelines for aquatic exercise. This a social and recreational exercise program especially designed for people with arthritis or other rheumatic disease or joint problems. The program is designed to increase flexibility, muscle tone and may decrease the pain and stiffness of arthritis. Lisa Beckstrand is a certified instructor thru the Arthritis Foundation. If you are interested in more information or registering for this class, please call the pool office at 634-2735 ext 1101.
Circuit Training/Water Walking/Water Yoga/Water Pilates
A variety of exercise activities are available..each program is adaptable to individual needs and abilities. You do not need to be a swimmer to participate.
Water exercise facts:
- Your body is supported-making exercises easier and less painful while you’re performing movements.
- The buoyancy provided by the water helps to protect your joints from the shocking impact usually associated with exercising on land.
- Resistance of the water against all your motions resulting in high workout intensities as compared to land exercises.
- A massaging effect is created when your muscles are surrounded by water.
- Water provides 12 percent more resistance than movements on land-without the gravitational stress and pain. Water exercise is adaptable to everyone’s desires, needs and abilities.
- Non-swimmers can safely participate.
- Water visually shields your body-for those participants feeling uncomfortable or awkward in normal exercise environments.
- High calorie burning during and after a workout.
- Your heart rate is slower making water exercise beneficial for pregnancy, obese and heart disease participants.
- Renews your energy level as it releases your stress and tension
- Water exercise is wonderful for participants with arthritis, back or other joint problems
American Red Cross Swimming Lessons 2011
Schedule Coming Soon.
Contact the pool office for information regarding private lessons for any age.
Cost of lessons:
- Preschool-Level 3: $45.00
- Levels 4-6: $60.00
All private lessons will be 1/2 hour
The pool office has a complete list of skills for each level. Please feel free to contact the pool office for this information. (219-634-2735 ext. 1101)