Summer 2019 Pool Schedule
July Open Swim
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 1:00-3:00 pm
Tuesday/Thursday 5:00-8:00 pm
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 5:00-8:00 am
Schedule subject to change.
The pool will be CLOSED August 6th-12th for maintenance.
Costs for Open Swim
.75–Preschool, $1.50-Student, $2.50-Adult, $10.00-Family Max
Punch Card prices–$5.00-Preschool, $10.00-Student, $22.50-Adult
Birthday Parties at the Pool
Remember when you are planning your child’s birthday party—the L/W pool is a wonderful facility to host your party during our open swim hours with the observation deck available for cake/snacks/games. If you have any questions or would like more information, call the pool office at 634-2735 ext 1101.
Private Swimming Lessons
If you are interested in private lesson for any age call the pool office. Remember-it’s never too late to learn the lifelong sport of swimming.
Every Friday the pool is open- The cost is $5.00 per family (maximum 2 adults/4 children) A great time to enjoy family time at the pool at a great price!!!
We use hand weight and resistance noodles for toning. We also do lite cardio as well.
Water exercise facts:
- Your body is supported-making exercises easier and less painful while you’re performing movements.
- The buoyancy provided by the water helps to protect your joints from the shocking impact usually associated with exercising on land.
- Resistance of the water against all your motions resulting in high workout intensities as compared to land exercises.
- A massaging effect is created when your muscles are surrounded by water.
- Water provides 12 percent more resistance than movements on land-without the gravitational stress and pain. Water exercise is adaptable to everyone’s desires, needs and abilities.
- Non-swimmers can safely participate.
- Water visually shields your body-for those participants feeling uncomfortable or awkward in normal exercise environments.
- High calorie burning during and after a workout.
- Your heart rate is slower making water exercise beneficial for pregnancy, obese and heart disease participants.
- Renews your energy level as it releases your stress and tension
- Water exercise is wonderful for participants with arthritis, back or other joint problems
American Red Cross Swimming Lessons 2019
Contact the pool office for swim levels and times.
Session 2- July 8th-19th
Evening Classes- July 8th-26th
Parent/Tot Swimming Lessons- August 12th-28th (Monday/Wednesdays 6:00-6:30)
Contact the pool office for information regarding private lessons for any age.
Cost of lessons:
- Preschool-Level 3: $45.00
- Levels 4-6: $60.00
All private lessons will be 1/2 hour
The pool office has a complete list of skills for each level. Please feel free to contact the pool office for this information. (219-634-2735 ext. 1101)